Monday, January 24, 2011

10 most remarkable thing about Hong Kong

  1.  I have not seen any women drivers in five days. Wonder why?
  2. Escalators go through the city with steps next. In the morning they are going down (and people walking up) and the afternoon the escalator takes people up while others walk down. Very efficient!
  3. Octopus card: use one card to travel the metro system and as a debit card to pay at shops. Bonus: get extra points for walking!
  4. Tailored suits are ready in a day! Pick out the fabric, style. Get measured and a have a custom suit ready the next day at a reasonable price. 
  5. Dim Sum. Wherever you eat in Hong Kong, you can not go wrong. 
  6. No napkins are provided in restaurants and most public bathrooms. Wonder why?
  7. There is absolutely no graffiti, cigarette butts or stickers can be found anywhere. I was tempted to mark the city with www.miss-scuba.com stickers, but Hilaire made sure I did not have the Hong Kong policy hunt me down. 
  8. People love fashion and shoes. Wearing polished leather shoes are essential stylish street wear.
  9. Find authentic Prada bags for thousands in the stores or pick a copy for 20 bucks a few blocks away at the Ladies Market.
  10. Polite people. Everybody in Hong Kong was helpful and nobody cut lines. First time in my life, I felt compelled to stay in line to wait for my turn as well.

1 comment:

  1. I think in Hong Kong all the public restrooms had a roll of toilet paper by the sinks and you were supposed to tear some off and take it in the stall with you.

    ReplyDelete